(ATLANTA :: 27 Nov. 2008) - On Thanksgiving day, I can name one very important person and group for which I'm thankful. Michael Baker and Positive Impact.
Get to know Michael. He'll be present at our New Year's Eve Gourmet Pizza Extravaganza, taking onsite ARTvision orders. He's got boundless energy, a heart of gold and has worked hard to connect ARTvision with Positive Impact this year... and hopefully for many years to come.
Let me introduce you to this amazing organization. Positive Impact provides critical mental-health and prevention services to people living with HIV. PI's mission statement:
"Positive Impact's mission is to provide cultural and competent mental health and prevention services to individuals affected by HIV."
Click here for the full PI story... PI just celebrated its 15th year of providing these crucial services to the Atlanta community, so let's earn them a lot of money - and support our ARTvision Artists - by ringing up a TON of sales.
We also have the opportunity to donate directly to Positive Impact without associating it with a specific ARTvision piece. For more, go directly to the donation page.
Our beneficiary and ARTvision in the news (updated on 27 Jan. 2009):
• Toni Ross Weir’s Blog: “It’s Not Too Late” (Jan 14, 2009)
• Jim’s Blog: “10 Things: Welcome 2009” (Jan 1, 2009)
• David Atlanta magazine: “Will of the People” (Dec. 17, 2008)
• SoVo: “Positive Impact adds testing, substance abuse program” (Dec. 2008)
• SoVo: "GSU Photo Group turns Focus to AIDS Fundraiser" (Nov. 2008)
• SoVo: "Art for Impact" photo gallery (Nov. 2008)
• SoVo: "World AIDS Day Offers Look Back, Glimpse Ahead" (Nov. 2008)
Also, have a look at PI’s 15th Anniversary Program, available here.
For more, go directly to the PI Web site.
Congratulations to Michael for all his hard work, and to PI Executive Director Paul Plate for his longtime service! - WP