Wednesday,26 December 2012 Filed in: general posts | news
Happy holidays, Merry Christmas and, almost a Happy New Year! A number of updates for you as we approach our culminating event on New Year’s:
• “Never Keep a Girl Waiting” by Will Pollock has been reduced. Originally offered at $1,400, the piece is now $950. This is a one-of-a-kind item and will be retired if and when it is sold. Framed by JD Isaac. (more)
• We’ll have a number of pieces on display and available for donation at Will’s New Year’s Eve annual Gourmet Pizza Extravaganza. Fill out the contact page if you’d like to attend and think you’d like to lock in one last donation before the end of the year.
• Julia Murney’s pieces are in process but are going to be offered in the month of January due to production issues. Three pieces will be offered in varying mediums - stay tuned for more on that soon!
• Updates coming soon about “Instinct in the Round: Gourmet Pizza for Good,” including new book art, a post about Chick-fil-A and much more. Stay tuned!
Most of all, go shopping for some very cool pieces on sale and lock in your donations before the end of the year!
Monday,17 December 2012 Filed in: news
Our Artists & Gallery page now has discounted items loaded! Click over to see some newly reduced items and go shopping… These pieces are great for gifts or for your own home. Questions? contact us for more information. Lock in your donations for 2012 before time is up! (more)
Wednesday,12 December 2012 Filed in: news | SOLD!
We had a very successful first round of sales/donations! Here’s a list of sales:
• SOLD! “Peaceful Path” by Jason Maynard to Mike Weaver for $125
• SOLD! “Amethyst Beauty” by Alexis Vear to Sharon Schachter for $125
• SOLD! “Quiet Time” by Mary Pollock to Heather Beach Wademan for $850
• SOLD! “Harbor Idle” by Will Pollock (off-roster) to Rodolfo & Vicki Duke Proano for $75
• SOLD! “Teal Treasure” by Will Pollock to Paul & Kathie Thodeson for $1,000
• SOLD! “Enchanted Portal” by Brenda Knosher to Sharon Schachter and Dan Williams for $450 ea.
• SOLD! “Dusk for Doolin” (off-roster) by Will Pollock to Gretchen O’Toole for $75
• SOLD! “Wanderer” (off-roster) by Will Pollock to Dana Wadsworth for $75
• SOLD! “Niagara” by Chris Haddle to Mark Edge & Jeff Hook for $300 ea.
• SOLD! “Godiva’s Locks” by Carolyn Meltzer to Todd Price for $400
• SOLD! “You’re Fun Guys (fungi)” by Mary Pollock to Tina & Renee Weese for $550
• SOLD! “Secret Garden” by Vicki Duke Proano to Paul & Kathie Thodeson for $150
• SOLD! “There’s No Place Like Home” by Vicki Duke Proano to Jose Jimenez for $250
Our running total this year is more than $5,000! There are plenty of pieces still available - so we can get that number higher very easily. Click over to our ARCHIVE page to see how this year adds up with previous years. (more)
And stay tuned to our home page for updates on Julia Murney’s pieces and other works still available!
Saturday,08 December 2012 Filed in: SOLD! | news
We had a great preview night… AND a stellar gala evening of donations and art flying off the walls. Jump to our Facebook or SmugMug photo recap, and please: we want your event pictures! Please e-mail them to artvisiondirector AT stonefour dot com.
We will start our second phase of online sales soon. Meantime, watch for full sales reporting Monday morning - if not before. Please check our ARTISTS/GALLERY page for the latest, as well as our main-page blog.
Meantime, THANK YOU to all who attended, volunteered and donated - all for Positive Impact. If you’re not in the market for art, please consider a donation to PI through the event here (and make sure to select ARTvision under Contribution Type).
Friday,07 December 2012 Filed in: general posts
As we gather tonight to move some art and raise some cash for Atlanta’s own Positive Impact, it occurred to me: December makes sense as a month of contemplation and desire to do some good works to commemorate the close of each year. What other reason is there for parties seemingly happening every day this month?
But in the case of ARTvision, we started this event as a “movement” befitting the year’s ultimate culmination: the annual New Year’s Eve Gourmet Pizza Extravaganza. Even though ARTvision has now earned its own positive as a standalone event, it nevertheless maintains the spirit of closing the year with those aforementioned “good works” - where artists generously give of their talent so that we may support the great effort of PI. - WP (more)
Friday,07 December 2012 Filed in: gratitude | volunteers
We whipped Stone Four Studios into great shape for ARTvision-7. HUGE, mad props to our hanging-party volunteers: Delia Cochran, Randy Chumbley, Kimber Herndon, Vicki Duke Proano, Jim Hayes and Michael Baker, among others. Our electricians, Ron Nelson and Mike Davis, put in major work to make the event happen, too. Have a look below at our photoshow as we got the studio ready for the big two-day event:
Thursday,06 December 2012 Filed in: new ARTvision Artists | photography
“I am fascinated by the natural world around us and how, if we look close enough, we can more strongly sense both its beauty and harshness,” she writes on her website. “My camera lens allows me to explore, embrace, and share my emotional connection with nature. What I most want people to take away from my photographic work is to have sensed one small slice of their environment in a new way: to see something they have not experienced before in quite the same way.” (more)
Wednesday,05 December 2012 Filed in: drawing
Mary Pollock’s page is now live - click through for more!
Wednesday,05 December 2012 Filed in: mixed-media | painting
Author and artist Randy Chumbley returns to ARTvision with “Passion” and “Intersection” - both are mixed-media on board and illustrate the far, creative reaches that he can climb. (read more)
Wednesday,05 December 2012 Filed in: general posts | news
Although some of the interior pages will follow tomorrow, the Artists/Gallery page is up - and will be continually updated from here on out. This page has prices, thumbnails and blurbs about the pieces, but keep in mind that not all artists page are live yet. News of sales, updates and more will appear on that page.
We have more than $20,000 in potential funds we can raise for Positive Impact, so let’s get to shopping!
Monday,03 December 2012 Filed in: photography
While meandering around William Buter Yeats’ favorite home in Ireland, Thoor Ballylee, I found myself so transfixed that my co-travelers had to drag me away from the site. I don’t usually think of names while shooting, but in this case, it came very quickly. (read more)
Monday,03 December 2012 Filed in: general posts | news
Our pieces are in and Stone Four Studios is being prepped for our big week! We’re poised and ready to make some scratch for Atlanta’s own Positive Impact. As we approach “debut week” for our event, a few reminders and added elements to keep in mind. For more, please jump over to our Big Week press release. See you all very soon!
Sunday,02 December 2012 Filed in: mixed-media
For more: go to Brenda’s artist page or directly to “Between.”
Sunday,02 December 2012 Filed in: photography
Perhaps one of the most enchanted of lands in our great nation, first-time displaying photographer Chris “Crusty” Haddle offers “Niagara” as a perfectly pitched addition to our theme this year, “Uncharted: Travel to Enchanted Lands.” (more)
Saturday,01 December 2012 Filed in: sculpture
Chicago-based photographer, sculptor and artist Angela Swan joins ARTvision with “Air” - our first-ever sculpture offered for a donation of $685 to Positive Impact. "I love to find and work with redundant objects,” she says. “It's like a puzzle, trying to find the aesthetic value in its form and repetitiveness.” (more)