Thursday,02 January 2014
We had a number of great sales over the New Year’s Eve Gourmet Pizza for Good Extravaganza. With great success in cash donations, we also sold the following pieces:
• “In the Spotlight” by Carolyn Meltzer (photography to board) $250
• “Treacy’s Royal Crown” ($550) and “Nomad” (off-roster, $200) by Will Pollock
• “Rooted in Stone” by Carolyn Meltzer (off-roster; custom-framed photography) $250
• “Violet Vibe” by Jason Maynard ($75)
Along with generous cash donations from Delia Cochran, Michele Segré, Mehdi Mehrpad, Scott Lane and Matt Litchfield, Larry Goldstein and Marcus Schwab, Jeff Mitchell and Jerry Schadel, our latest total is:
That is an astounding number and our great thanks go out to all volunteers, donors, artists and sponsors for making this happen. For more, visit our Archive page.
And we’re not done just yet! We want to eclipse the $10,000 mark this year! We’re so close… So we’ll mark a few pieces down and keep going through the month of January. Take a look and see what’s still available!
Wednesday,18 December 2013
We’ve added a “Spotlight” tab on the website so you make browse by category the items that remain after our in-person main event has concluded. Lots of great stuff is still available! Click over to the Spotlight page for more. (pictured: “Man in Mist” by Lisa Marie Pane - $500)
Thursday,12 December 2013
In the spirit of trying something different, we’re adding a webcast feed so you can join us remotely! Listen for the gong to ring when we sell pieces, and to see all the shenanigans in real time! For more, go directly to the feed page now. There’s also a Facebook chat function for those of you inclined to comment - we’ll be live blogging on that feed during the event. Cheers to a great event ~ WP
Tuesday,17 September 2013
Group gathers for candlelight vigil at Freedom Plaza
(Photo credit: J. Scott Applewhite/AP
As fate would have it, our deadline for submissions for ARTvision-8 was scheduled for today—one day after the Navy Yard shooting in Washington, D.C. In actuality, I was going to extend the deadline a bit longer anyway. But with this latest example of a senseless violence, the choice was clear: turn this tragedy in to another rally cry for artists of all persuasions to take a non-violent stand against these types of actions. (read more)
Wednesday,26 December 2012
Happy holidays, Merry Christmas and, almost a Happy New Year! A number of updates for you as we approach our culminating event on New Year’s:
• “Never Keep a Girl Waiting” by Will Pollock has been reduced. Originally offered at $1,400, the piece is now $950. This is a one-of-a-kind item and will be retired if and when it is sold. Framed by JD Isaac. (more)
• We’ll have a number of pieces on display and available for donation at Will’s New Year’s Eve annual Gourmet Pizza Extravaganza. Fill out the contact page if you’d like to attend and think you’d like to lock in one last donation before the end of the year.
• Julia Murney’s pieces are in process but are going to be offered in the month of January due to production issues. Three pieces will be offered in varying mediums - stay tuned for more on that soon!
• Updates coming soon about “Instinct in the Round: Gourmet Pizza for Good,” including new book art, a post about Chick-fil-A and much more. Stay tuned!
Most of all, go shopping for some very cool pieces on sale and lock in your donations before the end of the year!
Wednesday,12 December 2012
We had a very successful first round of sales/donations! Here’s a list of sales:
• SOLD! “Peaceful Path” by Jason Maynard to Mike Weaver for $125
• SOLD! “Amethyst Beauty” by Alexis Vear to Sharon Schachter for $125
• SOLD! “Quiet Time” by Mary Pollock to Heather Beach Wademan for $850
• SOLD! “Harbor Idle” by Will Pollock (off-roster) to Rodolfo & Vicki Duke Proano for $75
• SOLD! “Teal Treasure” by Will Pollock to Paul & Kathie Thodeson for $1,000
• SOLD! “Enchanted Portal” by Brenda Knosher to Sharon Schachter and Dan Williams for $450 ea.
• SOLD! “Dusk for Doolin” (off-roster) by Will Pollock to Gretchen O’Toole for $75
• SOLD! “Wanderer” (off-roster) by Will Pollock to Dana Wadsworth for $75
• SOLD! “Niagara” by Chris Haddle to Mark Edge & Jeff Hook for $300 ea.
• SOLD! “Godiva’s Locks” by Carolyn Meltzer to Todd Price for $400
• SOLD! “You’re Fun Guys (fungi)” by Mary Pollock to Tina & Renee Weese for $550
• SOLD! “Secret Garden” by Vicki Duke Proano to Paul & Kathie Thodeson for $150
• SOLD! “There’s No Place Like Home” by Vicki Duke Proano to Jose Jimenez for $250
Our running total this year is more than $5,000! There are plenty of pieces still available - so we can get that number higher very easily. Click over to our ARCHIVE page to see how this year adds up with previous years. (more)
And stay tuned to our home page for updates on Julia Murney’s pieces and other works still available!
Saturday,08 December 2012
We had a great preview night… AND a stellar gala evening of donations and art flying off the walls. Jump to our Facebook or SmugMug photo recap, and please: we want your event pictures! Please e-mail them to artvisiondirector AT stonefour dot com.
We will start our second phase of online sales soon. Meantime, watch for full sales reporting Monday morning - if not before. Please check our ARTISTS/GALLERY page for the latest, as well as our main-page blog.
Meantime, THANK YOU to all who attended, volunteered and donated - all for Positive Impact. If you’re not in the market for art, please consider a donation to PI through the event here (and make sure to select ARTvision under Contribution Type).
Wednesday,05 December 2012
Although some of the interior pages will follow tomorrow, the Artists/Gallery page is up - and will be continually updated from here on out. This page has prices, thumbnails and blurbs about the pieces, but keep in mind that not all artists page are live yet. News of sales, updates and more will appear on that page.
We have more than $20,000 in potential funds we can raise for Positive Impact, so let’s get to shopping!
Saturday,29 September 2012
“Grace” by Ginny Sykes
A number of our past, present and future artists have been working hard and either have pieces on display or will soon hold forthcoming events. If you’re in the area, make sure to check them out:
- Ginny Sykes. Some of Ginny’s best work to date is “Grace,” which is mixed-media on linen. The triptych is both deeply complex and immensely freeing to viewers. (click to see more) She also has a large, permanent group of public works on display, including collaborations with schools and other civic organizations. (more)
- Julia Murney. Julia’s schedule has been jam-packed in 2012. She just wrapped two solo shows at 54 Below in New York City, and now she’s in the new show “Falling,” about the life of an autistic child and the family members around him. Julia will once again be displaying her photography for ARTvision-7. (more)
Stay tuned for more, and make sure to visit some of those links to see the beautiful work. - Will Pollock
(Image credit and h/t: GinnySykes.com)
Tuesday,04 September 2012
We are uploading ARTvision-7’s artist entries to our Pinterest board - please log on to the site and get to pinning! Click the link below:
Also, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook. More to follow!